Source code on Github.
Install from the Mac App Store.
Or download it here.
Mobile users can save the bookmarklet.
Enable Nightlight by checking the box in Safari › Preferences › Extensions .
Bug reports and feedback are welcome via email.
Crashes and energy reports may be collected by Apple if allowed by the user.
Version 1.0 - 7 Sep. 2018
- Now a native Safari App Extension
- Redesigned popover
- Better darkening process
- Removed features:
- Aggressive mode
Version 0.1.7 - Cancelled
- The "live-updating" default behavior introduced in 0.1.6 was a poor decision in hindsight. Version 0.1.7 inverts the "observe" list into the "don't observe" list; use this list for video sites.
Version 0.1.6 - 14 Nov. 2017
- Change default behavior regarding "live updating". In practical terms, you should be able to use Nightlight on pages with video players without excessive CPU usage, but sites that dynamically add content (e.g. "infinite scrolling") won't have the new content darkened unless you add those sites to the "Observe" list.
- Override text and border colors marked as !important
- New hotkey option (⇧⌘F)
- Allow whitespace in option lists for separating entries
Version 0.1.5 - 11 July 2017
- Match <div> and <span> border color with text color
- Aggressive Mode now removes <div> and <span> borders
- More hotkey options (⌃N and ⌃O)
- New bookmarklet
- (Fix) Regression in v0.1.4 broke blacklist and aggressive list
Version 0.1.4 - 2 June 2017
- Ignore specific tabs
- Aggressive Mode
- (Fix) Crash if Aggressive list or Blacklist are empty
Version 0.1.3 - 31 May 2017
- Toggle Nightlight on/off using hotkey (⌥N or ⌥O)
Version 0.1.2 - 11 May 2017
- Override colors marked as !important
Version 0.1.1 - 6 Oct. 2016
Version 0.1 - 23 Sep. 2016